A panel of judges is carefully selected each year to provide representation from industry, academia and the public sector including provincial, municipal and regional governments. Stringent criteria are laid out for the judges to help them formulate their decisions. The four major components to the judging process are as follows:
- Conformance to Rules and Presentation
- Project Objectives, Solutions and Achievements
- Technical Excellence and Innovation
- Environmental, Economic and Social Sustainability, and Aesthetics
- Further details on the judging criteria and process are available in the 2016 Awards Competition Guide.
- Nominations for the Meritorious Achievement Award and the ACEC British Columbia Young Professional Award are reviewed by a committee consisting of senior members of the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies - BC appointed by the Executive Committee.
- All judging results and their publicity are held in strict secrecy until the Awards Gala.