Did you know that the LNG industry will invest $11 billion annually in Canada through 2064? Check-out the latest release from The Conference Board of Canada on A Rising Tide: The Economic Impact of B.C.’s Liquified Natural Gas Industry.
Key report highlights:
- Between 2020 and 2064, total annual investment would average over $11 billion, totalling in excess of $500 billion over the entire period.
- More than $90 billion in revenue could be generated for provinces and territories in Canada. Of this total, over $78 billion would accrue to British Columbia.
- For Canada as a whole, LNG would mean 96,550 more jobs a year and over $6 billion in wages.
- British Columbia’s GDP would increase by more than $8 billion annually, or just over 3 per cent.
- British Columbia would see a gain of 71,000 jobs.
See here for more details.