In response to the BC Government’s call for engagement on Building BC’s Recovery Together, the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies British Columbia (ACEC-BC) has submitted a letter of recommendations to Honourable John Horgan, Premier, and Honourable Carole James, Minister of Finance, Deputy Premier on resources deployment within BC.
As a trusted partner to government, ACEC-BC’s recommendations are based on the Associations values – community, equity, and innovation – and commitment to principles of reconciliation and environmental stewardship. The recommended deployment of resources are based on five key principles:
- Providing all residents with access to basic needs
- Developing community resilience strategies
- Creating active transportation connections and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Educating our future skilled workers
- Making choices that align with other sources of investment
ACEC-BC is proud to advocate for investments that will support safe and healthy communities and will have broad, positive, and lasting economic impact across British Columbia.
See here for the full letter.
See here to learn about how you can get involved in BC’s Recovery plan.
Want to submit your own recommendations? You can submit your input by:
- Going to https://engage.gov.bc.ca/recoveryideas/:
- Read the report “Building BC’s Recovery, Together: Share Your Ideas” and respond to the report at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Survey
- Take part in the relevant tele-town hall or virtual event.
- Write a letter to Premier John Horgan at email@example.com and cc your local MLA. You can find your local MLA and their email here.
- Encourage your employees to do #1 and #2. Employee feedback is very important.
- Speak to your local suppliers and ask them to make a similar submission.
Submission deadline: July 21 at 4pm (PDT).