On July 15, 2020, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) announced that the government will be moving the AIBC from the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training to the Ministry of the Attorney General, with an eventual transition from the Architects Act to the Professional Governance Act (PGA).
See here for the letter from Honourable Melanie Mark.
The Professional Governance Act currently includes five other professional regulatory bodies which include:
- Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
- Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
- BC Institute of Agrologists (BCIA)
- College of Applied Biology (CAB)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, known as Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC)
Click here for details.