One of YPG's more recent undertakings is the establishment of a Professional Development program, guided by the principles outlined in the YPG Professional Development Guidelines. The intent is that this program will help guide YPs in their personal and career development by identifying core skills and areas of interest. Feedback and ideas from our members on these topics is greatly appreciated.
The YPG hosts a series of seminars in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna, where industry leaders speak on topics related to professional development. Seminars are approximately 90 minutes in length, and may be applied towards APEGBC Continuing Professional Development hours. The goal of these seminars is to cover non-technical topics such as communications, leadership and project management, and finance and legal competency.
Past seminars include:
- Successfully Implementing Social Responsibility
- Personal Branding to Advance your Career
- The Role of Consulting Engineers with Visionary Planning
- Insurance & Liability Boot Camp: What you should know to better understand your own and your firm's liability
- Expanding your influence: How to Connect and Engage with Anyone
- Leading From Where You Are
- A Culture of Consulting Excellence - Meeting the Client's Needs
- Communication in Multidisciplinary and Multicultural Environments
- Life of a Lawsuit: Acceptable and Unacceptable Risk
- Issues Arising in Technical Writing: Understanding Privileged Communications and Record Keeping
- Advocacy and the Importance of Being Engaged
For more information, contact Dani Delaloye, YPG Professional Development/Education Volunteer.